When you plan your vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, you’ll find plenty of great opportunities to bring your pet! From pet-friendly beaches to pet-friendly vacation rentals with a fenced yard, you and your furry family member are sure to have a wonderful vacation.
In addition to fenced-in yards, our collection of pet-friendly vacation homes feature an array of impressive amenities, such as hot tubs, game rooms, private pools, beach access, and more! Browse our list of pet-friendly Outer Banks vacation rentals and find the perfect one for you and Fido.
All About Pet-Friendly Vacation Rentals with a Fenced Yard
When you’re planning your next getaway, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you don’t have to leave your pup behind. Treat yourself and your furry pal to a fantastic pet-friendly vacation rental with a fenced yard. It will be the perfect home away from home! The set-it and forget-it amenity of a fenced-in yard is the ideal way to stress less and enjoy your vacation more. At Shoreline OBX, we have many pet-friendly rentals, and some of them have a fenced-in yard.
Stay in These Pet-Friendly Vacation Rentals with a Fenced Yard
This spacious home is the ultimate oasis to sit back and relax, or get on your feet and enjoy everything that the Outer Banks offer with your dog.
Additional Amenities: Fireplace, game room, elevator, wet bar, eight televisions, hot tub, volleyball court, and more!
OH-8 – Sea-Thru
You can “Sea Thru” straight to the Atlantic Ocean from this bright and airy beach house. Plus, the gorgeous backyard will serve as your personal oasis.
Additional Amenities: Private pool, hot tub, ocean views, game room, fireplace, laundry room, and more!
This home features exquisite designer furnishings and is within close distance to year-round pet-friendly beaches in Duck.
Additional Amenities: Game room, private pool, hot tub, horseshoes, nine televisions, elevator, and more!
This vacation home is just 600 feet away from the beach! The spacious areas throughout set the scene for exciting gatherings for people of all ages.
Additional Amenities: Private pool, hot tub, game room, screened-in gazebo, private decks and balconies, grill, ocean views, a high chair, two port-a-cribs, and more!
This is a selection of our pet-friendly vacation rentals with a fenced yard. Due to varying availability, be sure to contact us to verify the property you choose does have a fenced yard. We’ll make sure you and your pet are taken care of.
Tips for a Pet-Friendly Vacation in the Outer Banks
Here are helpful pet-friendly vacation travel tips when vacationing with your dog in the OBX:
- Identification – Be sure your dog has a tag! They are in a new location and can easily get lost if they get out of the house.
- Vaccinations – Have your dog’s vaccinations updated if necessary before traveling. Bring a copy of your dog’s medical records in case of an emergency. If something happens to your pet, you will want the local vet or animal hospital to know their history.
- Check Laws – Be sure to check the leash laws for the town you are vacationing in.
- Corolla | Leashes are required
- Duck | No leash required but must be supervised
- Southern Shores | Leash required no longer than 10 ft
- Kitty Hawk | Leash required no longer than 12 ft
- Kill Devil Hills | Leases are required
- Nags Head | Leash required no longer than 10 ft
- Water Conditions – Ask the lifeguard what the water conditions are like. Dogs can easily be stung by jellyfish or get sea lice. You can also check for any known rip currents to be aware of.
- Heat and Sun – Be careful of hot temperatures as your dog can have a heat stroke. Signs of a heat stroke include rapid panting, bright red tongue, weakness, vomiting, thick and sticky saliva, and diarrhea. If your dog shows any of these signs, remove him from the heat immediately and apply ice packs or cool clothes to his head and neck.
- Hydration – Allow constant access to fresh water when at the beach. Dogs need to keep hydrated just like we do. Also, if they drink too much salt water it can make them sick.
- Wash Your Pet – Be sure to do this after each trip to the beach. The salt and other minerals can damage their coat.
- Emergencies – Familiarize yourself with the closest emergency veterinary clinic to your vacation home just in case you need it.
Plan Your Pet-Friendly Vacation Today
Now that you have these resources available to you, you’re ready to book the best pet-friendly vacation to the Outer Banks ever! You’ll love the salty ocean breezes and beaches, and your dog will, too! So, browse our pet-friendly rentals and see for yourself how amazing vacation on the Outer Banks with your dog can be.