When you come to the Outer Banks town of Duck, the pristine sand and sea air greet you. Then, you smell something amazing. The restaurants in Duck, NC, are alive with flavor, and they’re waiting for you to reserve a table. Duck has everything from classic American to the freshest seafood you’ll ever have in your life. Are you hungry yet? Then, read on for our top 5.
Find out more about all of the fun things to do near the Shoreline OBX when you download our free Vacation Guide. It’s full of the best recommendations for things to see and do like enjoying a delicious meal at any of these fine restaurants.
The Best Restaurants in Duck, NC
There are many great restaurants to choose from in Duck, so feel free to stop by any that aren’t on this list. It is by no means comprehensive. However, we advise you give our top 5 restaurants in Duck, NC, a try. We’d go so far to say that we guarantee you’ll find a new favorite!
1. Red Sky Café is a must-try. It’s more than just a run-of-the-mill bistro. Fresh and creative entrees feature local fare designed by Chef Wes Stepp. Chef Stepp is the well-regarded creator of delicious and beautiful food. He crafts art from local seafood, poultry, beef, and, ironically, duck. The restaurant itself has a casual feel and an aura of excellence. Known as a well-respected caterer in the region, you can’t go wrong with the Red Sky Café. Lastly, in 2015, the restaurant was chosen as Wedding wire’s 2015 Couples’ Choice Award for outstanding catering services.
2. The Blue Point calls themselves the original farm-to-table restaurant in the Outer Banks. Boasting fresh, local seafood and seasonal fare for fresher, less expensive food for everyone, the restaurant has been an OBX favorite for 27 years. Simple dishes derived from Southern Coastal cooking inspiration will excite your taste buds. Employing techniques like brining, curing, pickling, smoking, and sausage-making makes The Blue Point an incredible meal. So, you’ll be sure to remember this one when you leave!
3. Cravings is the quirky restaurant featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives. A concept restaurant of chefs Scott Foster and Dan Lewis, Cravings began as a specialty gourmet market and then morphed into a quick-service restaurant, ironically situated next to a gas station. The chefs converted the space to a full-service restaurant with a full bar with an outdoor dining space. Now, onto the food: American food, pasta, salads, wraps, and seafood make this place a local favorite worth your visit.
4. Duck Donuts is a bit of a change-up from the rest of this list of the best restaurants in Duck, NC. But, that doesn’t make it any less deserving. Ask anyone from the OBX, and they’ll tell you: Duck Donuts is one of a kind. The hot, fresh-made donuts have become so popular and widely regarded, that they boast several locations around the eastern U.S. You can’t find made-to-order donuts like these anywhere else. They serve their donuts with piping hot coffee–the perfect accompaniment for a morning stroll on the beach.
5. Paper Canoe is a whimsical place that dishes up some of the best gourmet food in the area. Striking dishes catch your eye almost so much to distract your taste buds from the ambush of flavor they are about to experience. Each day, owner Tommy Karole hand-selects the freshest, best quality fish to serve that night. Menu offerings feature entrees with a Southern influence and ethnic twist to showcase flavors that feature the talent in the kitchen. Whether you order the duck confit pizza, handmade pasta, or the freshest seafood around, you’ll be sure to be more than satisfied. It may even be a spiritual experience.
Restaurants in Duck, NC, are Just Minutes Away from the Best Place to Stay
After you’ve eaten the meal of your lifetime, check in with Shoreline OBX vacation rentals. We have the best places to stay in the Outer Banks. Our available rentals will stun you with their views and their proximity to everything OBX makes your trip that much easier. If you’re looking for the best things to do in the area, then download our free Vacation Guide. It’s full of incredible activities located right here in the Outer Banks. Ready to book? Contact us today!